Thursday, January 20, 2011

Belly Dancing!

I'm teaching Belly Dancing again! So pumped! Here's the details...

Beginner Belly Dancing for Women (12+)
Learn various belly dance movements and learn 2 full song routines.
Where: St. Patrick's Family Centre, 34 Providence St.
When: Mondays (starting January 31)
Time: 7:30-8:30pm
Cost: $90 for non-members, $45 for members

Mom and Me Shimmy!
A great way to spend time with your little lady! Any age is welcome as long as they won't be too distracting for you! Learn mini-routines to have fun with at home together!
Where: St. Patrick's Family Centre, 34 Providence St.
When: Saturdays (starting February 5)
Time: 10 - 11am
Cost: $90 for non-members, $45 for members (2 for the price of 1!)

A little background on myself...

When I was 17 and just heading into college (I know, 17, how much does that suck!), a friend of mine wanted to try out a belly dance class and wanted me to join her, I thought sure why not? I had heard it's a great work-out and I have always loved to dance. So we went and I fell in love!

After that I continued in my living room (mimicking youtube videos and dvds) and with friends until I moved to Moncton when I was 21. I then joined up with Studio Sephira and learned a heck of a lot more!

When I was 22 I moved to Fort St. John, BC and started to work for a cultural centre. There was a lot of childrens programs in the area, but not much offered to adults. So my boss asked if I'd teach belly dancing? So we put out the word and the response was tremendous! I remember my first class I was sooooo nervous, but about half way through I realized how much fun this was going to be. Making jokes and giggling with ladies while getting fit became one of my favorite things to do!

After about a year I moved to Saskatoon where I took hip-hop for 5 months, then moved to Ontario. (Take notes, I'm going to ask you where I lived first! LOL jk!)

I'm from a small community in Mid-Western Ontario, so I approached the township about teaching belly dancing again, and was signed up for 2 classes a night, 3 days a week, in different towns! Quite the work-out let me tell you! Baths became my best friend!

After a year I moved back to Moncton (all of the moving was based mostly on my career in radio) and someone mentioned that I should start teaching again. And since we announce stuff for the St. Patricks Family Centre, I thought I'd call them. And that's how it all came to be! This is me teaching in Fort St. John, BC!

1 comment: