Friday, January 14, 2011

I always thought I had a bit of Leo in me!

I was born on August 31, which used to mean I was a Virgo. Now apparently I'm a Leo! While I admit most of me is comprised of Virgo-isms... I am also a bit of a Leo. However, when I read this I was a bit taken aback, as all my life I've been a Virgo, and I feel sorry for all of those who have tattooed their signs on themselves! Lol, but this is the latest news...

A Minnesota astronomer confirms what many have suspected: Your horoscope is pretty much wrong! Earth's shifts on its axis over the past 3,000 years have changed the 12 zodiac signs. There's also a 13th sign, Ophiuchus, that's based on a constellation the ancient Babylonians threw out for symmetry thousands of years ago.

The ancient Babylonians based the zodiac on which constellation the sun appeared to be in when a person was born. Since then, the moon has exerted a gravitation pull on Earth, causing a "wobble" on its axis that has shifted the stars' alignment by about a month.

The shift isn't new, Kunkle says -- the zodiac world just hasn't taken the wobble into account.

Here's your NEW sign below:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11

Pisces: March 11-April 18

Aries: April 18-May 13

Taurus: May 13-June 21

Gemini: June 21-July 20

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

No comments:

Post a Comment