Monday, August 9, 2010

How to say no!

Sure, I have a bad habit of saying yes to many things, even if they inconvenience me. But research even proves that us ladies get a natural high from people pleasing.

So when a friend wants to borrow your brand new, never-worn dress, don't say yes! Or when a co-worker wants you to do their work, say no!

Here's how to say no... nicely
- Spot the signs of an unwanted request is coming your way. "I've been meaning to ask…" and "I know you're really busy, but…" are obvious tip-offs, but also be on the lookout for earlier hints, like drawn-out small talk, throat clearing or a sudden lack of eye contact.
- Pause before answering (saying no remember) so it looks like you seriously gave it some thought (plus it's fun to let them sweat it out)
- Keep your no short, like "I'd love to but I can't" or "ummmm, no" (my fav)
- Lastly, don't feel guilty for saying no!

No comments:

Post a Comment