Monday, August 23, 2010

The Weekend!

So it was quite the busy weekend for me!

Started off Friday night with Femme Fav's at Empire Theatres Trinity Drive. They do it every few months, and this one was 'The Notebook' with proceeds going to Alzheimer Research. Now I had not seen this movie before, so my friend made a bet with me that if I didn't cry she'd buy me a drink. So with the stakes high, I held out through the whole movie with not a single tear... not just for the drink, but I generally only cry when something is devastatingly sad, to me, the notebook was cute sad so tears were not called for!

Saturday 4 of my friends accompanied me to the Green Festival just outside of Clairville. While there was not a LOT of people, I thought it was awesome. The musicians were beyond talented, the vendors (handmade yarn, wine, jewellery, green party, hopewell rocks etc.) were very interesting, and the food was amazing. There was lots of places to camp, in a field or in the forest, and trails to hike on. One of which I almost lost my sandal due to mud suction. It started to rain mid-show and behind us, 2 rainbows popped up... it was like being in a movie!
Once I was back in Moncton I went to a party at a friends house where I met many awesome Monctonians and then headed to Traingles for the Pride Weekend party!

Sunday I was at Atlantic Superstore for free ice cream from Presidents Choice, they have new flavors that are Parlour Style, like the flavors you find at Ice Cream Shops (tiger tail, cotton candy etc.) which I'm totally ok with! Afterwards went for dinner at a friends house (thanks for the delicious broccoli salad!) and then to see the Expendables with almost all the kick-butt dudes... it was awesome! If ya like action packed with funny one-liners... then this is a movie you HAVE to see!

Hope your weekend was just as fabulous!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment