Friday, October 8, 2010

What I dread about Thanksgiving

The one thing I've always dreaded about Thanksgiving dinner, is being expected to bring a date. Whether it's a family dinner, or one at a friends... if you don't bring a date, you get asked why not and preached to about the fact that you need to find someone. Or... they'll try to set you up, eek! When did single become a bad thing? Plus, you'll probably have to put up with one of those couples. The ones that morph into one person and you're asking "where did my friend go?". Or the ones that function as a corporation and have to book time off or get approval to hang out with you. Don't get me wrong, if you're in love, I'm super happy for ya. But if you have a single person coming to your house for dinner this weekend, you should be happy for them to!

No comments:

Post a Comment